Thank you for supporting the successful return to on-site lessons, with staff and students taking seriously the measures we have put in place.
Please note that visitors to Catmose Primary are only permitted strictly by appointment, and only when your visit is essential.
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. If you are visiting a School within Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, you can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Signing in on arrival with our reception team.
- Sanitising your hands upon entry to the building.
- Following the one-way system within the building.
- Maintaining an appropriate social distance of two metres from other people at all times.
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues if you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
Internally we are not requesting face coverings be worn. We are fortunate that we have a modern building with wide corridors and outside circulation spaces which reduce the need for face covering. However, if you would like to wear a face covering when moving within the building you are welcome to bring your own.
Do not enter any of buildings on site if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, in line with Government guidance.
Staff have been working to implement increased hygiene and handwashing with students remaining in consistent groups, using measures such as staggered break and lunch times to keep groups apart.
Other mitigations in place are detailed below:
- Hand gel dispensers at all external entry points, offices and throughout the building.
- Social distancing reminders are displayed throughout the building, including signage, floor markings and protective Perspex barriers.
- Screens are in place within offices to create a physical barrier between people, with working side-by-side rather than face-to-face
- Staff and students are reminded of the importance of increased hygiene and handwashing via signage and messages from staff during lessons and tutor time.
- To ensure the safety of students we have decided the best way to mitigate risk is to have social bubbles of around 30 students who will have all of their lessons together, meaning if we have a case of Covid-19 only that bubble will need to isolate. These groups will remain in place until the Government relaxes the safety precautions as the virus abates.
- The College day has been adapted to support this return with greater staggering of breaks and lunch to allow the maintenance of our social bubbles. There is also a longer tutorial session each day to give time for further support should students need it.
- A clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or student presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school, including clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- Parents/carers are not permitted within the building unless it is essential, and by appointment only.
- Additional PPE is available for staff needing to administer first aid.